Raw chocolate macadamia nut fat bombs
No one will notice that these raw chocolate macadamia nut fat bombs are vegan and refined sugar free. What’s more, they are quick to make and GOOD FOR YOU.
Health benefits of Macadamia nuts
- Macadamia nuts are a rich source of energy…keeping hunger at bay for hours.
- They’re jam packed with nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health and wellness.
- A great source of dietary fibre and an excellent source of phytosterols such as ß-sitosterol. .
- Since macadamia is free from gluten protein; it is one of the popular ingredients preferred by anyone wanting to eliminate or reduce gluten from their diet.
- The nuts are rich source of monounsaturated fatty (MUFA) like oleic acid (18:1) and palmitoleic acids (16:1) and antioxidants which work in maintaining a healthy blood lipid profile offering protection from coronary artery disease and strokes.
- Studies suggest that MUF fats in the diet help lower total as well as LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels in the blood. The Mediterranean diet, which is rich in fiber, MUF fats
- Macadamias are an excellent source of minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese and zinc. 100 g nuts provide 3.6 µg of selenium. Selenium is a cardio-protective trace element and an essential antioxidant cofactor for the glutathione peroxidase enzyme which helps your liver detox your body.
- Furthermore, the nuts are also rich in many important B-complex vitamins that are vital for metabolic functions. 100 g of nuts provide 15% of niacin, 21% of pyridoxine (vitamin B-6), 100% of thiamin, and 12% of riboflavin, boosting mood and balancing hormones.
- They contain small amounts of vitamin-A, and vitamin-E. These fat-soluble vitamins are potent antioxidants and help protect cell membranes and DNA damage from harmful oxygen-free radicals.
Combined with all the extra benefits of coconut oil and cacao powder (see blog – why chocolate is good for you), these little fat bombs pack a mighty healthy punch.