3 Ingredient raw chocolate and almond fat bombs
Eating a diet that is low carb and high (good) fat is becoming increasingly popular amongst the health conscious (and those seeking to loose weight)…what better way to eat more healthy fat than with these 3 Ingredient raw chocolate and almond fat bombs.
Almonds are the seeds of the fruits cultivated from the almond tree prunus dulcis. They have been prised since ancient times when the Indian Ayurvedic practitioners believed that almonds helped to increase intellectual ability and longevity.
A quarter of a cup of whole almonds contains approx: (1)
5 g of protein
5 g fibre
7 g of carbs
16 mg vitamin E
0.4 mg riboflavin
0.8 mg manganese
97 mg magnesium
172 mg phosphorus
96 mg calcium
33 mg iron
There’s been a lot of debate about coconut oil, but it seems pretty clear that it’s a super-food because it contains the medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) Caprylic acid, Lauric acid & Capric acid.
In your body, these MCFAs only go through a three-step process to be turned into fuel whereas other fats we eat need to go through a 26-step process…making them a quick and fantastic source of energy!
Other interesting facts about Coconut Oil:
- Creates ketones for easy take up by brain cells. Ketones can often be used by brain cells that have lost their ability to use glucose for energy. This improves general cognitive function and can be helpful for anyone with Alzheimers.
- MCTs are good at destroying harmful bacteria by breaking down the bacterial cell membranes.
- Can help to balance blood sugar.
- Can help with weight loss by boosting metabolism.
- Great for bad breath using ‘oil pulling’ and teeth whitening when used as toothpaste!
Just one reason raw chocolate is considered a super-food is because in it’s raw, un-tampered state, the cacao bean is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. It contains over 300 chemical compounds, making it a premium source of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, protein and healthy fats. Also see our blog post ‘7 Reasons Why Chocolate is a Super food’ to see how raw chocolate is good for you.