by Ali Holden
4 months ago
Here are my top 6 tips on how to find the best nutrition course – one which ticks all your boxes.
How to find the best nutrition course
I was in the same position as you once…
- to help more people by offering nutritional advice but I also wanted a course that was practical, truly ‘holistic’ and one that had a solid academic base.
- part time study that enabled me to become a nutritional therapist (but I didn’t want to study to degree level)!
- a flexible career with a variety of employment options.
The future IS nutrition
Nutrition courses have never been more popular, with an array to choose from!
This is because the demand for nutritional therapists increases every day. People are not only engaging in more preventative health care, they are turning in their droves to seeking more natural solutions to illness and disease.
Top 6 criteria for finding the best nutrition course
- Career Intention. I considered what I wanted to do with my qualification. For example, if I’d wanted to work as a dietician within the NHS, I would have chosen a dietetics degree. As I wanted to set up my own private practice, run short courses and work within the health and wellness industry, then I checked out course prospectuses carefully to ensure the course equipped me to achieve this. Courses may be at diploma or degree level.
- Affordability. I needed to be able to spread my tuition fees, so I looked for a course that offered an interest free payment plan.
- Flexibility. Having three children, it would not have been easy to commit to deadlines and the last thing I wanted was any stress or pressure. I looked for a course that was well structured but gave me a good degree of flexibility with home work and exam dates.
- Community. The thought of joining an attendance rather than a distance-learning course was appealing. I wanted a sense of community so I could make new contacts and friends.
- Practical. A strong academic base is crucial, but it was important for me that I could ultimately use the qualification to help people. I looked for a course that would show me how to put the information into practice.
- Experts. As, if not more important as all the above, was to be taught by people who were passionate about the subjects they were teaching; who lived and breathed nutrition in their everyday lives. I looked for a course that wasn’t purely a business for the people who ran it, but a passion.
My absolute best advice on how to choose a nutrition course
- Call them. After reading the prospectus of any course you are interested in, call them. This will instantly bring your intuition into the mix and will help you get a ‘feel’ for the college you are considering.
- Meet them. Attend an open day in person or virtually if possible. This way, there’s no hiding behind fancy marketing or clever words.
- Talk to a past student. Get the inside scoop.
Here’s my story about how I found The Nutritional Healing Foundation…
More than a couple of decades ago, I was enjoyably and successfully working in my own clinical practice as a Hypno-Psychotherapist, alongside using N.L.P. & counselling skills. I had always been drawn to the emotional and mental aspects of health and healing, not completely understanding at that point, that our physical, emotional, mental & energetic selves are all inextricably interwoven!
Once this dawned on me, I began to think about how I may be able to help people even MORE by bringing nutrition into the mix…hence my foray into looking at courses!
I came across The Nutritional Healing Foundation which ticked all my boxes and more. I was also drawn to the fact that nutrition was taught within a naturopathic philosophy. It proved to be the best nutrition course for me!
Hand on heart, I LOVED every single second of my studies and made many lasting friendships.
After qualifying, I immediately put this knowledge into practice in my work. But I didn’t stop there. I went on to become part of the support team at NHF, followed by becoming a tutor (I still get excited about teaching this amazing subject, even after all these years)!
And finally, I became a partner, where I am now responsible for driving the business forward in ever more creative ways. When I started out, I had no idea that it would lead me to where I am today! And as they say the rest is history…
The qualities I was looking for and found all that time ago, still hold good today.
Why choose the Nutritional Healing Foundation?
The Nutritional Healing Foundation offers:
- Interest free payment plans.
- Total flexibility with no deadlines for the completion of the course.
- Both attendance and distance learning courses.
- Courses that teach not only amazing information from an academic perspective, but also how to translate it into practice. Nutrition is taught within a naturopathic philosophy.
- The highest standard of teaching and support from people who are passion about what they do.
We’re here to help
Whatever you are looking for; whatever your criteria; whatever your needs, we will do all we can to help.
For more information, please feel free to:
- Request our prospectus
- Read our blog articles
- Download a sample lecture
- Email us.
- Phone us on 01749 671555…we are always happy to have a chat!
Looking forward to hearing from you.
With warmest wishes and love,